1. This journal page sent to me by the fabulously creative and inspiring Mahima of Love is Handmade
2. Citizen of the Month - Neil doesn't just make me smile, he makes me laugh out loud. How come some people get to be funny and the rest of us get stuck with being earnest?
3. The fact that my compound buddy J and I hosted a social evening tonight - combining his great Indian cooking, my social networks, and our respective contraband alcohol stocks we managed to get eight civilian internationals along to one Thursday night dinner and drinks in Chaghcharan, Ghor. It may have been a first.
4. Confessions of a Pioneer Woman - again with the whiney "why can't I be funny like her". I grew up helping vets put their hands up cows backsides and I love this city-girl's take on life on a ranch with her very own Marlboro Man and their mini cowgirl and coyboy punks.
5. Knowing that tomorrow is Friday (my day off) and that once I get through breakfast with the Chief of Police I can spend as much time as I like curled up on the sofa with my new books AND my long-suffering colleague J has agreed to take me for a walk again tomorrow evening. I don't know why he puts up with me since I tease him about walking too slow.